Greek Chopped Salad with Shrimp – Bariatric Edition
- 10 Ozs Shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper (medium, chopped)
- 1 Tomato (medium, chopped)
- 1/2 Cucumber (medium, chopped)
- 2 Tbsps Pitted Kalamata Olives
- 2 Tbsps Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- 2 Tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Greek Seasoning
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanch the shrimp in the boiling water for one to two minutes or until the shrimp turn a salmon pink color. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the bell peppers, tomato, cucumber, olives, red onion, and feta cheese. Mix the oil, vinegar, and Greek seasoning together to make a dressing and toss it with the vegetables.
- Top the salad with the shrimp and enjoy!
About the Author: Sheri Burke is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Bariatric Surgery Coordinator at International Patient Facilitators in Tijuana and Cancun, Mexico. She has worked with bariatric surgery clients for over 10 years and especially enjoys providing nutritional guidance to pre and post bariatric clients. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two teens and cooking up a nutritional storm in the kitchen.
For bariatric patients Bariatric Expert Amazon Line
Time for a “bariatric expert” multivitamin? Here is a perfect way for bariatric patients to get it now on Amazon: Bariatric Expert MultiVitamins.
Eat Like a Bariatric Expert with our Nutrition Plans.
Feel free to share your victories and struggles in our Facebook Group. I would love to connect with you.
Click on the picture