HOMEMADE SUGAR FREE DARK CHOCOLATE -
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup granulated stevia (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- I highly recommend using granulated stevia which has a finer grain. If you would like to use raw or coconut sugar, you may want to grind it to a finer consistency in a coffee/spice grinder or mini food processor so that your chocolate doesn't end up gritty.
- You can replace the granulated sweetener with 6-8 drops (or to taste) liquid stevia.
- Or you can use the 1/4 cup sweetener that the recipe calls for, plus 1-3 drops liquid stevia (to taste), for slightly sweeter chocolate.
- You can replace the coconut oil with cacao butter (1/4 cup or about 1.6 ounces by weight) if you prefer, or cannot eat coconut. Either way, the chocolate needs to stay refrigerated as it will be very soft at room temperature.
- Yield: 2x6” bars or about 9-10 mini chocolate bites