Crunchy Granola. Who doesn’t love a bowl of this on its own with milk?
Don’t you love to sprinkle this stuff on your cereal or throw some in your smoothie?
Are you worried about the sugar and carb count in your granola? If so, try my recipe!
It is grain free, low in carbohydrates with no added sugar.
Go ahead and upgrade your granola.
Sheri's Nut & Seed Granola
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 1 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tbsps Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/4 Tsp See Salt
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/3 Hemp Seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almonds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, cinnamon,coconut oil, and salt. Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the granola for eight minutes, stirring halfway. Be sure to watch the granola closely so that it does not burn.
- Remove from the oven and pour it into a large bowl. Add the shredded coconut and hemp seeds and mix well. Enjoy!
About the Author: Sheri Burke is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Bariatric Surgery Coordinator at International Patient Facilitators in Tijuana and Cancun, Mexico. She has worked with bariatric surgery clients for over 10 years and especially enjoys providing nutritional guidance to pre and post bariatric clients. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two teens and cooking up a nutritional storm in the kitchen.
For bariatric patients Bariatric Expert Amazon Line
Time for a “bariatric expert” multivitamin? Here is a perfect way for bariatric patients to get it now on Amazon: Bariatric Expert MultiVitamins.
Eat Like a Bariatric Expert with our Nutrition Plans.
Feel free to share your victories and struggles in our Facebook Group. I would love to connect with you.