Sheri's Ahi Tuna Lettuce Bites - Bariatric Recipes
- 1/4 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 ozs Ahi Tuna (sushi-grade)
- 1/16 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tbsps Coconut Aminos (or SoyaSauce) (divided)
- 1/3 head Boston Lettuce (pulled apartinto leaves and washed)
- 1/2 Carrot (small, julienned)
- 1/8 Cucumber (medium, julienned)
- 1 tbsp Cilantro
- Warm the oil in a pan over medium heat. Season the tuna with salt and brush it all over with 1/3 of the coconut aminos.
- Cook the tuna for two to four minutes per side. This timing will depend on the thickness of the tuna and desired doneness.
- Slice the tuna and divide it between lettuce leaves along with carrots, cucumbers, and cilantro.
- Serve the lettuce bites with the remaining coconut aminos and enjoy!
About the Author: Sheri Burke is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Bariatric Surgery Coordinator at International Patient Facilitators in Tijuana and Cancun, Mexico. She has worked with bariatric surgery clients for over 10 years and especially enjoys providing nutritional guidance to pre and post bariatric clients. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two teens and cooking up a nutritional storm in the kitchen.
For bariatric patients Bariatric Expert Amazon Line
Time for a “bariatric expert” multivitamin? Here is a perfect way for bariatric patients to get it now on Amazon: Bariatric Expert MultiVitamins.
Eat Like a Bariatric Expert with our Nutrition Plans.
Feel free to share your victories and struggles in our Facebook Group. I would love to connect with you.
Click on the picture