Sheri's Seared Tuna Salad – Bariatric Edition
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- 10 ozs Ahi Tuna (sushi-grade)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 cups Mixed Greens
- 1 Carrot (small, julienned)1 Cucumber (small, thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Heat half of the oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Coat the tuna with sesame seeds. Sear the tuna for four to five minutes, flipping halfway.
- Divide the mixed greens, carrot, and cucumber between serving plates. Thinly slice the tuna and place on top of the salad.
- Drizzle the salad with the remaining oil and soy sauce. Enjoy!
About the Author: Sheri Burke is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Bariatric Surgery Coordinator at International Patient Facilitators in Tijuana and Cancun, Mexico. She has worked with bariatric surgery clients for over 10 years and especially enjoys providing nutritional guidance to pre and post bariatric clients. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two teens and cooking up a nutritional storm in the kitchen.
For bariatric patients Bariatric Expert Amazon Line
Time for a “bariatric expert” multivitamin? Here is a perfect way for bariatric patients to get it now on Amazon: Bariatric Expert MultiVitamins.
Eat Like a Bariatric Expert with our Nutrition Plans.
Feel free to share your victories and struggles in our Facebook Group. I would love to connect with you.
Click on the picture