Did you have bariatric surgery? Did you almost get to your goal but you are having a hard time making it all the way? Continued weight loss can be a frustrating process, especially when you’ve hit a plateau and the scale seems to have stopped moving. Despite your best efforts, the numbers just won’t budge. But don’t despair – there are ways to get the scale moving again and kickstart your weight loss journey to reach your bariatric surgery goal.
Here are some tips to help you break through your weight loss plateau:
- Mix up your exercise routine: If you’ve been doing the same exercise routine for a while, your body may have adapted to it and is no longer burning as many calories. Try incorporating new exercises or increasing the intensity of your current ones. This will challenge your body and help you burn more calories.
- Increase your protein intake: Protein is important for building and maintaining muscle, which in turn helps you burn more calories. Aim for at least 20 grams of protein with each meal to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
- Drink more water: Staying hydrated is important for weight loss as it helps keep you feeling full and reduces the likelihood of overeating. Aim for at least 8-10 glasses of water per day.
- Get enough sleep: Lack of sleep can disrupt your hormones and lead to increased hunger and cravings. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep per night to help regulate your appetite.
- Reduce stress: Chronic stress can increase levels of the hormone cortisol, which can lead to increased appetite and weight gain. Try stress-reducing activities such as yoga, meditation, or deep breathing exercises.
- Track your progress: It’s important to track your progress to see if the changes you’re making are having an impact. Take measurements, track your weight, and monitor your food intake and exercise routine. This will help you identify areas where you need to make adjustments.
- Be patient: Remember that weight loss is a journey, and it takes time to see results. Don’t get discouraged if the scale doesn’t move as quickly as you’d like. Keep making healthy choices and the results will come.
In addition to these tips, it’s important to remember that weight loss is not just about the number on the scale. Focus on other aspects of your health such as how you feel, how your clothes fit, and how much energy you have. These are all important indicators of progress, even if the scale doesn’t show it.
About the Author: Sheri Burke is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Bariatric Surgery Coordinator at International Patient Facilitators in Tijuana and Cancun, Mexico. She has worked with bariatric surgery clients for over 10 years and especially enjoys providing nutritional guidance to pre and post bariatric clients. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two teens and cooking up a nutritional storm in the kitchen.
For bariatric patients Bariatric Expert Amazon Line
Time for a “bariatric expert” multivitamin? Here is a perfect way for bariatric patients to get it now on Amazon: Bariatric Expert MultiVitamins.
Eat Like a Bariatric Expert with our Nutrition Plans.
Feel free to share your victories and struggles in our Facebook Group. I would love to connect with you.
Click on the picture