Hey Bariatric Pre Ops and Post Ops! Are you craving sugar ? Let’s chat…
Scientists have found that sugar is addictive and stimulates the same pleasure centers of the brain as cocaine or heroin. Just like those hard-core drugs, getting off sugar leads to withdrawal and cravings, requiring an actual detox process to wean off.
Do you know how much sugar you eat during the day (be honest!), and then use ingredient labels or simply Google how many grams of sugar each food has and count.
The World Health Organization recommends about 25g (or less!) added sugar per day.
This is because excess sugar intake can spike your blood sugar levels, cause you to feel more hungry, have mood swings, store excess fat, and worse… can cause diabetes and a whole host of other issues.
Think you may be consuming too much sugar? Here are a few ways you can reduce your daily sugar consumption:
- Be more aware of what’s in the food you’re eating by reading the labels.
- Drink more water, especially when you feel like snacking (because cravings could be a sign of dehydration!)
- Try using Stevia (which won’t raise blood sugar).
- Have a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner (so you’ll be less hungry afterwards and won’t go around hunting for snacks.)
- Try preparing your meals at home instead of eating out, because that’s one of the surest ways to control what you are eating.
So let’s kick this inflammation-causing fire-starter to the curb and not invite it into your body in the first place.
Let’s try something 10 days. Let’s try to keep added sugars to UNDER 25 grams per day! Sugar that is naturally occurring in the whole foods that you’re eating is ok.
This means that any recipe that has “sugar” in it should get shuffled to the back of the box! This also means you need to limit the sugar in your coffee and check EVERY label of everything you’re eating this week!
Eat Like a Bariatric Expert with our Nutrition Plans.
Nobody said it was going to be easy but I promise you it’s worth it !
Purchase Bariatric Expert Vitamins: Biotin Gummies,Multi-Vitamin, Gummies, Vitamin D-3 Gummies
Feel free to share your victories and struggles in our Facebook Group.
I would love to connect with you.
Much success in your journey.
1 800 210 5124
Reach out to us if you have questions !