How’s it going with all of that Halloween candy that’s still in your house ?
I want all our bariatric peeps to think about that candy as cheap and very bad for you – full of palm oil garbage (P.O.G. for short) but even the strongest of us have fallen prey to a KitKat here and there …
Why not try these more healthy peanut butter cups instead ?
Don’t take it the wrong way because these yummy cups are little calorie BOMBS.
But ,,, if you are going to indulge – get your hand out of the cheap trick or treat bag. That stuff is full of hydrogenated oils, horrible emulsifiers and funky sugar and high fructose corn syrup.
Why don’t you whip up some healthy fats and antioxidants as a treat ?
Healthier Peanut Butter Cups For My Lovelies
3 tablespoons melted unrefined coconut oil, divided
3/4 cup organic creamy peanut butter
160 grams dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Line a muffin tin or mini muffin tin with paper cupcake liners and set aside
- Using a double boiler, gently melt two tablespoons of the coconut oil with chopped dark chocolate until smooth in texture and completely melted
- Set chocolate aside to keep warm while you mix peanut butter
- Mix together the remaining coconut oil with creamy peanut butter until completely incorporated. You want this mixture to be nice and runny. If not, gently warm up peanut butter and coconut oil together.
- Pour a heaping tablespoon of chocolate into the base of each lined tins. Place in the freezer and allow to set for about five minutes
- Remove from freezer and add a heaping one to two tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture into the centre of each cup
- Place PB cups back in the freezer to set for five minutes more.
- Scoop the remaining melted chocolate to cover the top of each peanut butter cup, about one to two tablespoons
- Place PB cups back in the freezer to set a final time, about 15-20 minutes
- Remove peanut butter cups from liner if desired and store in an airtight container.
- If I am making them for me, I would totally sprinkle some sea salt on them.
Allow the bariatric experts to help you if you need support. Please reach out every opportunity you get with every question that you have – it’s not just our work to assist you. We celebrate in seeing you succeed.
About the Author: Sheri Burke is a Registered Nutritionist and Bariatric Coordinator at International Patient Facilitators in Tijuana and Cancun, Mexico. She has worked with bariatric surgery patients for 10 years and especially enjoys providing nutritional guidance to pre and post bariatric patients. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two teens.
If you have a re-gain or a stall, you can reach out to the “Bariatric Food Experts” for the Bariatric Reset Program.
Time for a “bariatric expert” multivitamin ? Here is a perfect way for bariatric patients to get it now on Amazon: Bariatric Expert MultiVitamins
Eat Like a Bariatric Expert with our Nutrition Plans.
Feel free to share your victories and struggles in our Facebook Group. I would love to connect with you.
Stay motivated with Bariatric Wristbands – post your results online !
Make November 2017 YOUR Month!
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.