Weight loss is a multi-step process that can take several years. Some patients take on heavy exercises while others stick to a stringent diet. However, these two alone may not offer a viable solution for some patients.
Weight loss surgeries are possible. They act as a primer to help patients start losing weight by controlling what and how much they eat. Of course, all surgeries carry a risk, but the benefit to risk ratio is extremely good for bariatric surgeries.
Apart from skepticism about the medical procedure, the cost is a major deterrent for most patients. Thankfully, there are reasonable options for those who can’t afford the surgery in their home country.
Bariatric Surgery in Mexico
Weight loss surgery has been a life changing decisions for many patients. Of course, you need to find the right hospital, surgeon, and medical staff before you can proceed. This needs some work and you need to spend more than a few days to work out the details.
But we’ve done some of the homework for you and taken on board experienced staff and well-maintained hospitals so you can opt for a reliable facility within a short time.
1. Choose a medical facility
Hospitals in Cancun
- Amerimed Cancun¾fully equipped private hospital with state-of-the-art facilities and quality medical services offered following US and Canadian standards.
- Galenia Cancun¾multi-specialty hospital committed to high standards of care, private rooms and experienced medical staff.
- Hospiten Cancun¾international private hospitals network offering innovative medical care and integral healthcare services.
- Victoria Medical Cancun¾famous for their outstanding bariatric team and surgical facility, offering a number of gastric surgery procedures.
Hospitals in Tijuana
- Obesity Goodbye Center¾fully equipped medical facility, offering an innovative Medical Tourism Program with an outstanding bariatric team.
- INT Hospital¾multi-specialty hospital offering highest standards of care.
2. Opt for an experienced team
Dr. Verboonen and facilitator Sheri Burke are a great team together, offering guidance and treatment for obesity.
Dr. Verboonen works with a number of medical facilities in Mexico and has over 17 years of experience in bariatric surgeries.
He has performed almost 10,000 gastric sleeves, lap band, plications, mini and full gastric bypass, duodenal switch operations, and revision/conversion surgeries. With extensive trainings from around the world, he is one of the best surgeons you’ll find in Mexico.
3. Decide the weight loss surgery plan
Depending on your current health conditions, associated disorders (if you’re suffering from any), and weight loss goals, we can help you find the right surgical procedure.
At IPF, you’ll find complete information regarding risks and benefits of the surgery, overall costs and weight loss expectations so you’re fully prepared before the procedure. In fact, we also offer you support for follow-up care and ensure you receive quality care.
Once you’ve finalized all these details, you’re ready to fly!