Sheri's Saucy Beef Stuffed Peppers
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (medium, halved)
- 1/2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Yellow Onion (medium, grated)
- 1/4 Carrot (peeled, grated)
- 3 ozs Lean Ground Beef
- 3/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Crushed Tomatoes (from thecan)
- 1 oz Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Arrange the red bell pepper halves, cut side up, on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes or until peppers begin to char. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook for about five minutes or until tender.
- Add the beef, stirring until well browned and crumbled about seven to 10 minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning and the crushed tomatoes. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, for about three minutes. Keep warm.
- Stuff the peppers with the beef sauce and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Set the oven to broil and return the stuffed peppers to the oven. Watch closely and cook for about three minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown. Enjoy!
More Flavor: Add garlic, celery, fennel, and/or spinach to the beef sauce. Swap Italian