Are You Feeling Bored at Breakfast?
Here is a Bariatric Recipe to liven it up.
We all go through “breakfast blahs” sometimes. Eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese – rinse and repeat.
I’ve created a recipe to liven things up a bit. This is a recipe that your whole family will enjoy. Light on ingredients and big on flavour.
If you make these, tag me and show me how lovely they turned out!
Sheri's Blueberry Almond Mini Muffins
- 2 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsps Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Egg (large)
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsps Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Cup Frozen Blueberries (or fresh)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease or line a mini muffin tray or use a mini silicone muffin tray.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs, sugar, and lemon juice. Gently stir in the dry ingredients until incorporated. Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin tray. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
About the Author: Sheri Burke is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Bariatric Surgery Coordinator at International Patient Facilitators in Tijuana and Cancun, Mexico. She has worked with bariatric surgery clients for over 10 years and especially enjoys providing nutritional guidance to pre and post bariatric clients. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two teens and cooking up a nutritional storm in the kitchen.
For bariatric patients Bariatric Expert Amazon Line
Time for a “bariatric expert” multivitamin? Here is a perfect way for bariatric patients to get it now on Amazon: Bariatric Expert MultiVitamins.
Eat Like a Bariatric Expert with our Nutrition Plans.
Feel free to share your victories and struggles in our Facebook Group. I would love to connect with you.