- We will be eating foods high in protein such as fish, chicken, turkey, seafood, meat, eggs.
- We will be eating high-quality dairy products (NO low-fat products) such as cottage cheese, greek yogurt, milk
- We will be eating small amounts of healthy fat like olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, nuts, seeds, avocados, butter, cheese
- We will be eating healthy carbohydrates like lots of low carb veggies and berries
- Wake up and drink a cup of water followed by your tea or coffee (if you drink them).
- Make sure to take your supplements!
- Have Breakfast – one to two eggs with some spinach and a sprinkle of cheese
- Make sure to drink water between breakfast and lunch
- Lunch – Chicken salad / 3 ounces of chicken, one cup of greens and mixed veggies, salad dressing made with Greek yogurt, lime and cilantro – salt and pepper
- Make sure to drink water between lunch and dinner
- Dinner – a small piece of salmon with green beans topped with a pat of butter
- Snack – a handful of almonds and a handful of strawberries.
- Make sure to drink some more water in the early to late evening.
About the Author: Sheri Burke is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Bariatric Surgery Coordinator at International Patient Facilitators in Tijuana and Cancun, Mexico. She has worked with bariatric surgery clients for over 10 years and especially enjoys providing nutritional guidance to pre and post bariatric clients. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two teens and cooking up a nutritional storm in the kitchen.
For bariatric patients Bariatric Expert Amazon Line
Time for a “bariatric expert” multivitamin? Here is a perfect way for bariatric patients to get it now on Amazon: Bariatric Expert MultiVitamins.
Eat Like a Bariatric Expert with our Nutrition Plans.
Feel free to share your victories and struggles in our Facebook Group. I would love to connect with you.