I’ve had the priveldge of working with bariatric surgery patients for a decade (at the time of this post). During this time, I’ve learned what habits my most successful patients change in their life, and stick to long-term. I try not to “get on my soap box” too often when I’m counseling pre-op patients, but at the same time…I want them to succeed so I love sharing with them what habits they should focus on to get the most out of their surgery.
Here are some of my favourites:
- They make changes before they have surgery
- They have a good support system
- They plan out their meals and have a shopping routine
- They try new recipes and keep variety in their diet
- They keep a consistent sleep schedule
- They find alternative sources of joy other than food
- They make long term changes the focus of the journey
- They increase their activity levels
This is a marathon, not a sprint. Surgery is a wonderful tool but don’t let the “honeymoon period” lie to you. Quality food and quality decisions for your health is always the answer. Always.
Feel free to share your victories and struggles in our Facebook Group.
I would love to connect with you.
Price list for Bariatric Procedures in Tijuana and Cancun
Much success in your journey.
International Patient Facilitators – Cancun and Tijuana, Mexico
Dr. Sergio Verboonen and Sheri Burke – Bariatric Coordinator and Nutritionist.
1 800 210 5124
Reach out to us if you have questions !
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.