Reasons to keep a food and fitness journal
Understand your habits.
Writing down the foods you eat during the day is a proven method to promote bariatric success. It is a simple task that can help you understand your habits and target problem areas you may have.
Do I qualify for bariatric surgery ?
- Keeps you accountable – it sounds crazy, but having to write it down makes you not eat those Hershey Kisses
- Shows you your habits – you may not notice how often you eat peanut butter from the jar until it’s in writing
- Helps you track your program – you will see good patterns and the holes to patch, such as not enough water
- Help you to see what works – does a protein drink for breakfast stop your late night snacking?
- Help you to see what doesn’t work – does not taking lunch from home decrease your pounds lost?
- Makes your goals seem more real – writing down total pounds gone is a proud moment.
- Shows you are serious about your health – not being sick becomes more important as we mature Helps you keep track of your vitamins
- Helps you keep track of your workouts – No Movement is the cause of widespread bariatric regain. Choose a workout & do it.
- Helps you keep track of your motivation – involvement increases motivation!
Much success in your journey.
International Patient Facilitators – Cancun and Tijuana, Mexico
On behalf of Dr. Sergio Verboonen
1 800 210 5124
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.