Thanksgiving can be fun, full of laughter & memories, but stressful, and exhausting at the same time. Follow these simple strategies to stay focused:
- Don’t skip breakfast, make a plan so that you eat first thing in the morning . Have an egg or a green protein smoothie to balance blood sugars and keep cravings in control.
- Take a dish you know is safe and in line with your pre or post op Bariatric Plan.
- Fill 50% of your plate with veggies
- Sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes, this will prevent blood sugar spikes which will send you seeking sugar
- Enjoy the turkey. It is a great way to get good quality protein
- Avoid all bread, rolls, noodles, and pasta
- Avoid sugar, it is addictive and can take you down the wrong track.
Remember, if you want different results you can’t continue doing things the same. Make Thanksgiving about friends and family. Laugh a lot, play games, spend time with each other and fill up with love by giving love away.
Bariatric Options: Medical Form
International Patient Facilitators – Cancun and Tijuana, Mexico
On behalf of Dr. Sergio Verboonen
Sheri Burke – Bariatric Coordinator and Nutritionist.
email us: email@example.com
1 800 210 5124
Reach out to us if you have questions !