Sheri's Savory Breakfast Biscuits Bariatric Edition
- 4 ozs Pork Sausage (casings removed)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 egg
- 6 ozs Cheddar Cheese (shredded, divided)
- Preheat the oven to 375oF (191oC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium heat, add the sausage and peppers. Cook until the sausage is browned and the peppers are softened. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the almond flour, baking powder, thyme and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, add the eggs and whisk. Then add half of the cheese and stir to combine. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and then add the cooled sausage and peppers. Stir to combine until a sticky dough has formed.
- Place roughly 3 tbsp of the mix onto the parchment-lined paper and press down gently to flatten. The mixture will be a little sticky. Repeat until the dough is used up. Top each biscuit with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked through and slightly browned on the bottom. Serve and enjoy!