• Bariatric Post Op Surgery patient should start to realise that they are not able to eat the same types of foods that they were eating prior to their surgery. We need to emphasis “High Protein/ Low Fat/ Low Sugar” selections that are packed with High Nutrient Content.
• Stomach space is reduces so bariatric patients need to get a lot of nutrients into a small volume by choosing good, real, fresh foods.
• For those patients who crave snack foods on the go, replace chips and candy with pork rinds and jerky snacks. There are recipes for making healthy roasted nuts and spiced up chickpeas. While eating at home, hard boiled eggs, some cuts of deli meats, cheese cubes and Greek yogurt require very little prep and offer a combination of protein and vitamins when served with a plate of sliced veggies.
• The large selection of protein snacks available makes eating real food after bariatric surgery less daunting. Keeping high-protein snacks always available makes it easy to grab a healthy treat when the mood strikes and avoid high-fat, high-sugar choices.
• It always helps to remember that you can have anything you would like to eat, but it comes down to choice. Is it worth eating? Is it pouch worthy? Does the food take you towards your goals or hinder them.
• THERE ARE PLENTY OF PERFECT THINGS TO EAT IF YOU WALK ON THE POSITIVE SIDE! OPT FOR SNACKS WITH A PROTEIN PURPOSE.
Bariatric Options: Medical Form
Much success in your journey.
International Patient Facilitators – Cancun and Tijuana, Mexico
On behalf of Dr. Sergio Verboonen
1 800 210 5124