- Start walking right after the surgery without delay.
- Take it easy in the beginning but don’t sit & wait for the pain to go away.
Follow Your Post Op Diet
- Follow your diet plan because it is designed for post op patients and will keep you healthy while you heal post surgery.
- As soon as you understand the ins and outs of your daily post surgery guidelines you will start to feel more comfortable. For your own safety, remove the forbidden contents from your cupboards if possible.
Keep It Positive
- Gastric Bypass is considered to be the first stage.
- The second stage is the recovery stage. Do everything in your power to keep the negative vibes away & stay motivated. Once you are fully recovered, you will begin to feel like yourself again.
Join A Support Group
- Support groups are not the most enjoyable way to spend your weekend but they truly help in the recovery process.
- They are the perfect place to find someone going through your similar journey.
- If you are serious about your health then stay away from cheating on your post surgery diet.
- Don’t hang out with people or in places that encourage you to cheat.
- Take regularly updated pictures to motivate yourself & to see how far you have come.