Complete Dentures and Partial Dentures.
Complete dentures are used when all the teeth on either of the upper side (maxillary arch) or lower side (mandibular arch) are missing. Partial dentures are used when several teeth are missing but some teeth are present.
Dentures are further classified as Fixed Dentures and Removable Dentures.
The fixed dentures are preset in the oral cavity and not removable by patient, whereas the other type is removable by the patients themselves. Fixed prosthesis is made from porcelain and metal whereas removable prosthesis is manufactured from acrylic, metal or nylon.
All these dentures appear as natural looking teeth and gums. They are designed to be completely comfortable and fully functional.
Advantages of getting Dentures
- You can chew and eat like a normal person
- The normal oral functions are restored
- Dentures improve your face contours and give you a more youthful look
- It improves your clarity of your verbal communication and rids you of the embarrassment of mumbled speech
- It is proven to enhance the self esteem of the patients
- In some cases it has shown to improve the persons digestion also
It may take some time to get used to the new dentures. You dentist will give you details of how to take care of the dentures and overall dental hygiene.