Call us + 1.800.210.5124
Medical Tourism in Tijuana Mexico with International Patient Facilitators
DAY ONE: ARRIVAL AND SURGERY DAY TIJUANA
- Tijuana/ Upon arrival in SanDiego, you will be met by our chauffeurs and taken across the border and directly to the Obesity Goodbye Center where you will have your labwork, EKG and chest x. ray performed.
- You will have a full consultation with your surgical team and all last minute questions will be answered. Pre-op work is performed.
- You will fill out all your consent forms, make final payment and get prepped for surgery.
- Patients having surgery in our surgery center will spend one to two nights at the surgery center after their surgery is performed.
- Your procedure is performed using a laparoscopic approach and surgery time will vary for each individual.
- Patients will be up and walking only a few hours after surgery.
- Family members are welcome to join them and are welcome to spend the night in their room with them.
- Patients have free wifi and Direct TV
DAY TWO: REST AND RECOVERY TIJUANA
This day is dedicated for rest and relaxation and recovery for patients having the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, Mini Gastric Bypass and Full Gastric Bypass procedures. Patients are showered and are expected to get up and walk every hour or two for 15 minutes.Lap Band and Gastric Plication Patients are released this day after spending 24 hours with us. They will meet with their surgery team and have a discussion about nutrition and how to best achieve the desired results with their new Weight Loss Surgery Tool. They will be chauffeured to a 5 star hotel where they will spend an additional night before returning to the US and to the airport for their journey home.
DAY THREE: RECOVERY AND RETURN TO THE US – OTHER PATIENTS DISCHARGED
This day is the day that lap band and gastric plication patients will return to the US to catch their flight back home. They will be chauffeured by our transportation company.
This day is the day that our Gastric Sleeve, Mini Gastric Bypass and Full Gastric Bypass patients are released after having their post op testing performed and after meeting with their bariatric surgery team once again to discuss their new tool and their new lifestyle. They will be chauffeured to their 5 star hotel where they will spend an additional night before returning home to the US.We require that all patients commit to a follow up with their general practitioner back home eight weeks post procedure.