Call us + 1.800.210.5124
Cancun and Medical Tourism with International Patient Facilitators
DAY ONE: ARRIVAL CANCUN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
When arriving in Cancun, please collect your luggage and go outside where you will be met by our team and chauffeured to your accommodations to get settled in and have a nice swim in the Caribbean Sea. This is your time to see a bit of Cancun and to enjoy a truly marvelous destination.
DAY TWO: PRE.OP WORK AND SURGERY DAY CANCUN
- You will be met by our chauffeurs and our team and taken to the facility of your choice (either the Victoria, Amerimed, Hospiten or Galenia Hospital) where you will have your labwork, EKG and chest x. ray performed.
- You will have a full consultation with your surgical team and all last minute questions will be answered.
- You will fill out all your consent forms, make final payment and get prepped for surgery.
- Patients having Bypass or Mini Gastric Bypass and patients who are considered High Risk Patients will be having their surgery in either the Amerimed or Galenia Hospital
- Patients having surgery in the Victoria surgery center will spend one to two nights at the surgery center after their surgery is performed.
- Your procedure is performed using a laparoscopic approach and surgery time will vary for each individual.
- Patients will be up and walking only a few hours after surgery.
- Family members are welcome to join them and are welcome to spend the night in their room with them.
- Patients have free wifi and Cable TV
DAY THREE: REST AND RECOVERY CANCUN
This day is dedicated for rest and relaxation and recovery for patients having the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, Mini Gastric Bypass and Full Gastric Bypass procedures. Patients are showered and are expected to get up and walk every hour or two for 15 minutes.Lap Band and Gastric Plication Patients are released this day after spending 24 hours with us. They will meet with their surgery team and have a discussion about nutrition and how to best achieve the desired results with their new Weight Loss Surgery Tool. They will be chauffeured back to their accommodations where they will spend an additional night before returning to the US and to the airport for their journey home.
DAY FOUR: RECOVERY AND RETURN HOME OTHER PATIENTS DISCHARGED
This day is the day that lap band and gastric plication patients will return to the Airport to catch their flight back home. They will be chauffeured by our transportation company back to Cancun International Airport.This day is the day that our Gastric Sleeve, Mini Gastric Bypass and Full Gastric Bypass patients are released after having their post op testing performed and after meeting with their bariatric surgery team once again to discuss their new tool and their new lifestyle. They will be chauffeured to their accommodations where they will spend an additional night before returning home to the US.We require that all patients commit to a follow up with their general practitioner back home six to eight weeks post procedure.