Sheri's Coconut Chicken Soup Bariatric Edition
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1/3 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 2 tsps Avocado Oil (divided)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 1/4 cups Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 1/4 cups Organic Coconut Milk (full fat, from a can)
- 2 tbsps Lime Juice
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- In a shallow dish, add the chicken breast and season with thyme, onion powder, half the sea salt and half the avocado oil.
- In a dutch oven, over medium heat, add the remaining avocado oil along with the onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the chicken to the pot and brown on all sides, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the broth and lower the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove the chicken and shred it using two forks. Return to the pot along with the coconut milk, lime juice and remaining sea salt and stir to combine.
- Divide the chicken into bowls and top with arugula and avocado. Enjoy!
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days. More Flavor: Add mushroom powder to season the chicken. Top with chili flakes for more spice. Additional Toppings: Serve with tortilla chips for dipping. NUTRITION Amount per serving Calories.....392 Fat...............28g Carbs.........10g Fiber............4g Sugar...........3g Protein........25g